No announcement yet.

What happens if your residence permit gets rejected?

  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    What happens if your residence permit gets rejected?

    Ah Turkey, the land of ever changing immigration laws. Getting a residence permit these days can be tricky, and there is the chance of being rejected, even if you already have a residence card already. What can you do if your residence permit gets rejected? can you re apply for residence permit? or do you have to pack up and leave the country immediately?

    Getting a residence permit in Turkey is a legal process, meaning they can not give, or deny it willy nilly. As long as you have the means to support yourself, place to leave, obey the law, and pose no danger to yourself or the society, you are permitted to live in Turkey. Still, sometimes you may get rejected. When you have all the requirements, and still get rejected, you can take it to court.

    If your residence permit gets rejected, you have 60 days to take it to court. You have to make sure you have the following conditions:
    • The applicant has a place to live, valid health insurance, financial ability to cover his/her expenses, etc.
    • The applicant has put sufficient effort toward providing the required residency documents within the stipulated time periods.
    • The applicant has applied for the residence permit within legal timeframe.
    • The applicant has a valid legal reason to not have applied within the aforementioned legal timeframe, such as being sick (applicant would need to provide proof) or other extenuating circumstances.
    An appeal process varies on the workload of each city's judicial system. appeal can take 6 month or longer, its Turkey after all. You can request to a permit to be able to stay in Turkey during the process until the appeal is finalized, so you don't have to pack up and leave immediately.

    We recommend that you get in touch with a law firm to help you along. Even if you think you have all the information, still get in contact with a lawyer. Don't think you can handle the legal work of a foreign country yourself.